Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Robert L. Thompsett: With the world pitched against her, a young Arab girl fights to defend her country of Britain and the liberty of its people against the maligned and Godless forces destroying them.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Action and fictionalized reality
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Ordinary people are not blessed with superpowers. They have to fight fearful odds with nothing more than courage, determination and self-sacrifice, For this is the nature of true heroism — an essence that is so lacking in the shallow, formulaic flicks, so regularly churned out by the trite Tinseltown of today.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Battle of Britain
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Duran Duran. Who can deny Simon Le Bon is the greatest of modern poets?
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Poverty, hunger and homelessness… as well as having to write on a 1999 Apple Mac
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Freedom and liberty.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Fabulous. I thought that this quality of customer care had died out years ago.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival?
I was able to scrape together enough cash together to afford to enter.
13. What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
Delighted by their rich, purposeful style, for without criticism there is no improvement — it is why criticism is the greatest of God’s gifts with which we are imbued.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Narration: Carina Cojeen
Mirriam: Cristina Leonard