Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Dylan Stagno: This screenplay mainly depicts two issues of Hollywood’s golden era. Firstly, Hollywood’s concern of Communist propaganda being infiltrated through the industry. Secondly, the leaps and bounds of which small time production companies had to go through in order to make their films on shoestring budgets.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It’s a screenplay about selling and producing a screenplay. It’s a unique never seen before tale that any filmmaker/writer/film enthusiast can relate too.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
‘’Bottle Rocket’’ by Wes Anderson.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
A few months.
7. How many stories have you written? You ever heard of a bag of tricks?
Well I have a bag of scripts.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Right now, ‘’This Must Be The Place’’ by The Talking Heads.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Being respectful and as realistic as possible to the juncture of which the screenplay is set in.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
I think Film Freeway is a great platform for aspiring filmmakers and screenwriters alike. It provides access to thousands of festivals & competitions which in part makes it easier for talent to become recognized.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I entered the festival because I want it to get made. Feedback was insightful, encouraging and helpful.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
After a communist screenwriter is killed, his latest script comes incidentally in two B movie producers’ possession. Despite the fears of defying state politics, their desperation convinces them to actually try and make this project happen.
Narrator: Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Curt: Hartley O. Gyamfi
Eli: Joseph Ferrari
Leland: Shawn Devlin
Dickie: Sheldon Graham