Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about ?
Karen Matthews: Matilda Hews comes home to solve an 8year old murder, a rape,to find a stolen child, to free an innocent woman from prison and to fix broken relationship with family and friends.
2. What genre does your screenplay fall under ?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie ?
After incorporating the changes I will make, I believe Pandora will make a wonderful film not just for adults but for children who struggle with doubts, this film will give some children even adults the vision to look past the hurdles and to be able to dream.
It will have adventure, magic, the struggles families have when one parent betrays the other and pulling together with friends to make wrongs right, in two worlds !
4. How would you describe this script in two words ?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life ?
‘ Under The Tuscan Sun ‘
6. How long have you been working on your screenplay?
Although I have written pitches, synopsis and log lines, Pandora is my one and only script that I am still working on, all up I’d say 18 months. I have been screenwriting for not quite two years.
7. How many stories have you written ?
I have 4 ideas in progress
8. What is your favorite song? (or the song you most listen to in you life? )
Nilsson’s ‘ Without You ‘
9. What obstacles do you face to finish this screenplay ?
To be honest, this isn’t the finished product. I always thought Pandora was incomplete, there was something missing. I have now found a way to complete it but, more importantly to make it whole. To do this I will need to change the title to Matilda Hews
‘ Dream Worlds ‘ !
I am time poor. I need to work which takes a great deal of my time so I don’t get to write as often as I would like.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about ?
Being a television or film producer. Animals, dogs in particular and travel
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with submission plateform site ?
FilmFreeway is so professional, they are so organized, I trust sending my work through them. I feel blessed to have found FilmFreeway I don’t worry about anything with them.
12. What influenced you to enter this festival ? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received ?
I enter a lot of festivals but, I liked that you were based in Canada and that you offered feedback, that’s always important to me.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Eight ago uniformed cop Matilda Hews investigated a domestic where jeweller and rare gem dealer Anthony Cassidy was murdered in his home, and his wife Hilary was convicted
Narration – Sydney Addison-Rudat
Maddy – Vanessa Burns
Jarrod – Luke Robinson