Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Brandon Gillum: My screenplay dives into a story about a single mother that was born with supernatural abilities but is not in any way a conformist to society. Even though she walks her own path, she seeks to stop a corrupt form of law enforcement in her city that is attempting to gain an ancient power in the earth’s crust. As the story unfolds you learn of her unique friendship she shares with her son/crime-fighting partner and why he didn’t inherit powers of his own.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
My screenplay falls under the genre of action-adventure/fantasy/sci-fi.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
In today’s age of action films, there are good movies that capture elements that make viewers excited. In this film I wanted to not only incorporate those elements but bring something fairly different to the table. The movie emphasizes originality, diversity, and a dynamic story line.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
I’ve watched The Matrix a lot.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
The planning for this movie started relatively around 3 to 5 years ago.
7. How many stories have you written?
This is the first one. Along with the sequels that are being planned to this day.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?)
My favorite song is Thriller by Michael Jackson.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
I had to condense it a few times to avoid it from being too long.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I’m passionate about art in general. I enjoy listening to music, drawing, and taking interest in a person’s way to express themselves.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your
experiences working with the submission platform site?
This is my first time using this service. It has been pleasant.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings
on the initial feedback you received?
As an aspiring screenwriter, I wanted to try to push my project out more to the public in hopes of gaining interest and good feedback. Thank you.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
A rebellious, superpowered mother seeks to stop a corrupt form of law enforcement from gaining an ancient energy source within the Earth’s core.
Genre: Action, Fantasy, Adventure, Sci-Fi
Remedy (f) – 1 – Sydney Addison-Rudat
Haren – 3 – Russell Batcher
Narration – Pip Dwyer
Cara – 5 – Vanessa Burns
Ceven (m) – 2 – Luke Robinson
Acen – Alex Clay